Sunday, July 4, 2010

M. Night Does it Again!

As I sit here, eating my Honeycomb cereal (the best cereal there is), checking through Rotten Tomatoes, I can't help but notice that M. Night Shyamalan did it again.

At the time of this writing, his latest film, The Last Airbender sits at a staggering 8%. This is literally one of the lowest scores I've ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes, and that's saying something.

Now, I know that I've discussed this matter before, but I really do want to know who in Hollywood keeps thinking that M. Night Shyamalan isn't going to screw a movie up when handed a bunch of money.

In fact, this movie is so bad on so many levels, that Roger Ebert is sort of leading an online campaign against the film, claiming it to be racist, and, "an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented."

That's pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard said about a movie.

This summer, Avatar: The Last Airbender (the Nickelodeon cartoon show) came on Netflix, and I've been trying to furiously get through season one so that I could enjoy it in full before seeing the movie. Now that the film has been released, my main motivation to see it isn't so much that I liked the show and would like to see a live action form of it, but because I want to see how bad it really is.

M. Night, I think it's time to switch up your roles if the main motivation of people to want to see your film is to laugh at it.

No comments: