Sunday, July 11, 2010

3oh3 is SATIRE

Why am I the only one who seems to realize the fact that 3oh3 isn't being serious at all.

Granted, their songs are all across the board in terms of pop-charts and the radio, but please, you can't tell me these guys are serious. I have no doubt in my mind that 3oh3 is nothing more than an obscure, counterculture, satirical ploy that's made its way into the mainstream.

Watch this, and tell me if you still think they're serious business:



There's simply no way that these guys (who are awesome by the way - if you don't agree with me that they're awesome after watching that video then shame on you) are serious. And therefore they're awesome.

They're basically living everyone the dream of progressing a counterculture medium to such an extent that it infiltrates the mainstream and actually lands itself on the airwaves. Marilyn Manson did it, now we have 3oh3. (To be honest, I still think Lady Gaga's doing it too.)

Basically, when you're listening to 3oh3, you have to take into mind the irony of the circumstance, or else you're just another tool.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Yep, I'm from the Boulder, and I've Nate and Sean through some mutual friends. They constantly make fun of themselves and in no way take themselves seriously. Their music is most definitely satire, but they're laughing their way to the bank. They seemed like pretty nice guys, actually.