Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Superman

Growing up, I (like many of you) enjoyed watching television programs and even reading the occasional comic book having to do with my favorite superhero. Even if you lie and say you never liked any superheros growing up, I don't care, because you're a liar.

There were and still are many superheros to choose from for you to figure out who you wanted to be a fan of. Superheros can range from the extremely cool (Batman Spiderman, etc) to the extremely flamboyant and stupid (Superman).


Even as a child, I couldn't figure out why the hell anyone ever liked Superman. He's some alien who has come to earth due to some melodrama bull crap, and for some reason is able to completely defy all laws of physics. I don't care about the laser eyes or anything, but the flying is dumb. I wouldn't have a problem with Superman's ability to fly except for the fact that it doesn't make any damn sense. He should at least have some wings or a jet pack or something.


Am I the only one who realizes that if Superman is wearing boots all the time, that means he either carries them around in some hidden pocket at all times or he's wearing those thick-ass boots underneath his shoes every day? I can understand him wearing that skin-tight costume everywhere because it would be easy to fit under a suit and tie, but the boots go a little too far.

I was going to elaborate on the fact that it Superman's disguise is nothing, NOTHING other than wearing glasses, but I decided that would be too easy to talk about. So, I have decided not to rant about such a thing.

If you're going to pick a superhero to look up to and adore, why would you pick Superman? If I was chillin' with some preschoolers and told them to come up with a superhero, you know how many of them would come up with a superhero cooler than Superman? All of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not updating often enough, chav!