Sunday, June 20, 2010

Toy Story 3 Sucks

Just kidding. It's amazing.

If you think Toy Story 3 is bad, or simply have avoided seeing it because you think Pixar is trying to make some easy money off making another sequel to one of their masterpieces, you are wrong. It is phenomenal.

I went to see Toy Story in the theaters when I was a young child three times. I remember that my favorite toy throughout my childhood was a Buzz Lightyear action figure that I got in a Happy Meal from McDonald's. Toy Story was an epic achievement of great proportions, and this movie is a continuation on that story.

Without giving too much of the movie away, it seems to really bring the story to a close, and I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a little at the ending. I kind of feel like it wrapped up my childhood in a way, but maybe I'm just really sentimental about it.

Regardless, there are some people out there who are giving this film bad reviews solely for the shock value. At the time of this writing, there are three bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, bringing what should be 100% down to 98%. All three of those douches are probably reaping the benefits of huge increases in unique visitors to their websites, simply for being ardently disagreeable.

These are bad people. Go see the film!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So if a movie reviewer doesn't like a film that most people like, they MUST be wrong or have ulterior motives? You seem to be confused about the job of a movie critic. IMHO, Toy Story 3 wasn't great. It re-hashed the same tired jokes from 1 & 2, and tried to cram in contrived and cliched sentimentality that really felt manipulative. Not a bad film, just not very good either(as anything more than a KIDS movie). Perhaps when you see people disagreeing with you, you should look to the reason why they're not drinking the Kool-Aid.