Monday, June 1, 2009

Hey Look, All the Bees Died

Well, not exactly all of them. Only 1/3 of them did.

Either way, it's pretty crazy. Besides a possible extremely scary disturbance of Earth's ecosystem, leading to a disruption in the very way our planet functions as a whole, this is AWESOME.

Bees are evil, and don't try to tell me they aren't. When I was three years old, I stuck my hand in a beehive (I was really smart, see) and ever since then I have been waiting for humanity's revenge on these evil things. (I'm sure you can tell how my hand-beehive situation turned out.)


I mean, look at them. They have big needle things in their butts. You know what's supposed to come out of a rear end? Either feces or a tail or both. But not a big giant needle thing that is to be used as a weapon.


How come bees evolved to have an equipped weapon on their bodies, anyway? Why is it that some animals are born with self-defense weapons and others are forced to fend for themselves?

It all sounds a little unfair to me, and all I can say is that it's about time the universe took vengeance on these insects for what they did to me when I was three. They may have won that battle, but (apparently) they sure aren't winning the war.