Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just Watched "The Lost World"

So after many years of avoiding the Jurassic Park sequels, I finally watched The Lost World the other night. And it was god awful.

At the ending of the movie, when the credits started to roll, I was flabbergasted to see that Stephen Spielberg directed it. It made me really think critically about the whole notion that Stephen Spielberg is an excellent director.

I mean, how good of a director can you be if you contributed greatly to movies like and The Lost World and A.I. : Artificial Intelligence?

I mean, he did direct Saving Private Ryan and Raiders of the Lost Arc, but he also directed The Temple of Doom, which was absolutely horrible, no matter how much you adored that movie as a kid.

I mean come on, there is nothing good about that movie, period. Tell me something that was good about that movie and I'll shut up, but until then you guys need to re-watch that because it's not as good as you remember it being.

But anyway, as for The Lost World, which I am certain was only written on the premise of, "Hey, we totally gotta get a dinosaur to the U.S.!! That would be totally rad!!" ..was bad. But it did have one redeeming factor:

Vince Vaughn popped up in this movie. And that is freakin' hysterical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea Vince shows up in this movie, i wonder how i missed that

Unknown said...

I already saw The Lost World once, only when I saw it it was called King Kong