Sunday, May 18, 2008

Things I miss from the Old Days of the Internet

You know what more websites need? Animated Gifs.

I remember the old days, when everyone on earth used crappy WYSIWYG software to throw together a sloppy website. 10 years ago, no one could go without throwing in a bunch of random Gifs everywhere.

You just couldn't stop yourself from doing it. I know I threw my share of animated Gifs all over the place in my first websites (which I made in elementary school, mind you).

You know what else you never see anymore? Counters.


Counters were the funnest thing in the world to mess with. You'd go to some kid's website on Nintendo or Pokemon or thermodynamics and you'd see that only 40 people had ever visited the site. Then you'd hit refresh and see the counter go up. Then you'd hit refresh 4,000 more times.

Although, I might have been the only person to ever find that entertaining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Flash animation is the new gif. Give it five years and you'll be saying that you miss Flash animations.