Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lava: Nature's Poop?

I was reading an article on a Chilean Volcano exploding today and it got me thinking.

You hear of nature lovers talking about how the earth is a living thing, etc., but you never really hear of the earth doing anything that all living things do. I mean, yeah, you can say that the earth enables growth and stuff, but that's not cool.

I began reminiscing about about one of the greatest books ever: Everyone Poops.

And I realized, if the earth is a living thing, then it has to poop.

I then proceeded to connect the dots between these two lines of thought and realized that lava is poop and volcanoes are like butts.

I then proceeded to realize how immature my sense of humor is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you look at trees, they look like lightning bolts coming out of the ground. You might look at everything like this, we are just another part of the universal processes, life as we understand it is a product of these processes. The sun burns hydrogen to helium, then helium burns
to heavier elements, all these elements mix making molecules, the sun explodes scattering its material, the material reconvenes into a new star and planets with a variety of those elements and molecules, they mix up and do things, the cooling cesspools allow life as we know it to grow and live. But all that life is just another cog in the universe of processes, what happenes from here, its a wait and see.

-dinwitty-

We were recalling ya at the GTF... cheers, avabeer

Macabre Mask said...

My sense of humor seems a little immature as well... I couldn't help but snicker.
Until I read the last comment, that is.