Monday, April 14, 2008

Short People and Concerts

Short people and concerts don't mix very well.

As a moderately short person myself, I feel I have experienced concert life enough to say that they're a bit unfair for short people.

The thing about concerts is that for the most part, everyone's going to be standing on the floor. If you're sitting, you're going to be at a weird angle and you're going to be far away from the stage and all the energy. Basically you just sucked at getting tickets right when they went on sale if you're sitting in a chair at a concert.

So, when looking at the floor, one can quickly come to many observations on social behavior. The aspect that I will focus on is this: extremely tall people are douchebags and have no consideration for short people at concerts.

It seems that every concert I attend, all tall people push their way to the bar, inconveniencing normal-sized people while making short people miserable. It is excruciatingly frustrating to have to stand on your tip-toes for several hours, if only to see a glimpse of the band on stage through someone's armpit.

My solution is this: there ought to be a short-person section near the front at every concert. Short people would finally be able to see the show while tall people would have no trouble seeing over them.

I suggest this be written as an amendment to the Constitution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a moderately short person"
hahaha

Anonymous said...

I found that pretty lolworthy myself.