Thursday, July 23, 2009

Standard Definition vs. High Definition

Standard definition is way better than high definition. Why? Because I said so.

How many times do you watch a movie on your "high definition" TV only to find that those black lines you thought would go away still remain? A lot, that's how many times. If you're watching a movie on an HDTV, that shit should never happen, but it does all the time.

And as for "crisp, clear, and clean" pictures? Eff that. I want my screen to have character. Not only does the less-crisp, less-clear, and less-clean lead to a great nostalgic feeling, but it makes things more bearable in nature.

Does it make you feel better about yourself being able to see every single crack and tear on someone's face with your HDTV? Do you like being able to see how much awful, ugly makeup Conan O'Brien is forced to put on every night? I know I don't, and that's why it's so much greater to watch it on a TV that can't be hung on a wall.


Some people might not like having to hit their television set to be able to see things on it, but shorts in wires make turning on your TV a fun game
anytime. Sure, hitting a TV can hurt if you're forced to do it for ten minutes at a time to get it to show something, but it's because you suck at hitting things.

So, for now, I'm going to stick with my standard definition television.

No comments: